Is it safe to remove moles from the laser treatment?

When i was 10 years old moles begin to apper on my body including my face.As the time pass,the amount of moles increases.After my second baby(both babies with C-sec)i noticed that the amount of moles is increasing rapidly tiny moles appears.Now i am too much worried because i have a fear that if they appears on my whole face it will lack my confidence,it may lead me to depression.please help me out what to do.thanku

Non surgical mole removal in Los Angeles

There are many options for mole removal including non surgical hyfrecation and laser therapy to reduce the visibility of a mole. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Laser removal of moles

I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. There are many ways to surgically remove a mole with a minimal scar and have tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that it was benign. Using a laser to "destroy" a mole will alter its look and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future. Plus, I'm not convinced that a laser will even give the best cosmetic result.

The majority of moles can be removed very easily, and less expensively, using a shave biopsy technique. This typically results in a minimal scar, making the mole much less visible. It also has the added benefit of having tissue to send for microscopic examination, at least for reassurance purposes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon