Why are my breasts separated, nipples puffy, and very pointy? (photos)

I'm 19 and my breasts are seperated, pointy and my nipples are puffy constantly. My breasts have been like this ever since I can remember and I thought it was normal until I saw my friends breasts. I also tried wearing a v neck dress with no bra like most girls do and my breasts just looked weird.. Can someone help me? Thankyou

Pointy nipples

you for your question and for sharing your photos. Your breast do have nipples are that pointing more outwards which accentuates the separated look. In addition the nipples are pointy. These are all part of the normal spectrum of breast development. If any of these aspects are a concern, then I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss options to address your concerns.

Breast Implants Would Give Breasts Upper Pole Fullness

I certainly appreciate what you are describing and I also agree with what my colleagues have written as you are within the range of “normal”.That does not however mean that you feel your breasts are attractive. As mentioned in prior comments your breasts are low on your chest wall giving the upper pole a scooped out appearance. Breast implants would give your breasts more upper pole fullness you are seeking.

Grant Stevens, MD

Your breasts are very normal

There are many variations of normal breasts including differing sizes, shapes and differences between the two breasts. All of these breast types are quite normal and can be considered attractive by many. Your breasts appear to be quite normal in appearance and not at all "weird".
I would hope that most plastic surgeons would explain exactly this to you in a consultation. Cosmetic breast surgery is completely individual and optional. if you are really bothered by the appearance of your breasts, then you can certainly consider an in-person consultation with one or more recommended plastic surgeons in your area to discuss options for cosmetic enhancement should you decide to proceed.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Normal breast shape

Your breasts look normal and I don't think anything is wrong with them. Comparing yourself with how others look will cause problems because every woman has a different appearance. Your breasts appear to be low set, which is why you don't have as prominent cleavage. But this is totally normal. 

Breast shape

Hi, thanks for your question.

Your breasts are within the realm of normal shape. However, I have performed surgery on females with your same breast shape that wish for a more round shape and decreased "puffiness" to the nipples. So, if this concerns you, I suggest seeking a consult with a plastic surgeon and he/she can help you make an appropriate decision.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Breast and Nipple Shape

Thank you for providing the photo. Your breasts appear to be normal. Just remember that breasts come in a large range of shapes and sizes. Nipples with this “puffy appearance” can be quite common. Your breasts naturally fall low on the chest wall causing this separated appearance. A breast augmentation may help improve the shape and overall fullness. A board certified plastic surgeon can help you understand your options for surgery.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Normal

Thank you for your question. I agree with my colleagues, from what I see this is actually very normal. Your breast are set lower, which gives it this appearance. However, if you are unhappy breast implants may be a good option for you. The aim of breast augmentation is to create a pleasing, balanced appearance in proportion to your shoulders, your rib cage and hips. This plays a large part in determining which type and size of implant is appropriate. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and get his opinion as well. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook 
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape

Your Breast shape is within the normal range but there is a slight tendency for some hernition of your nipples and areolar - your Breast look fairly low on your chest duento you having a fairly long chest which is also just a variant of normal

Breasts, elongated with puffy nipples

Breasts, elongated with puffy nipples

Breasts develop all different ways for often unexplained reasons.

Options for you would include filling the upper breasts with implants or your own fat.
Moving the nipples closer together would involve incisions around the nipples to move them and shape the breasts

Your breasts are normal, a PS could assist if you'd like to change aesthetics.

Your pictures suggest that your breasts are relatively normal.It’s important to realize that significant variations exist in the size and shape of all women’s breasts.The range of breasts that we consider to be normal is fairly broad.
Despite this, it’s not unusual for women to be dissatisfied with the appearance of their breasts.In many cases, cosmetic breast surgery can successfully address these concerns.Under these circumstances, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate.This surgeon can hopefully formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.