Hair transplant at 6 months. Hairline looking sparse? (Photos)

It has been 6 months since I have done my procedure (FUE) to correct my hairline. Since month 2.5/3 hairs started growing, but at 6 months my hairline is looking sparse and not dense at all. Is this normal? I am in contact with my clinic and am looking for second opinions. Many thanks

Hair transplant at 6 months

As always it is best to follow up with your hair transplant clinic for a check up. Looking at the pictures it appears that the result is more than adequate for 6 months post hair transplant. A natural hair line lowering procedure requires more than 40 follicles per cm2 and this is sometimes difficult to achieve in one procedure, therefore I advise all my patients to expect another smaller procedure 1 year later to perfect density. 

If you are having issues with your surgery results it is best to follow up with your doctor since photos don't tell what was don

If you are having issues with your surgery results it is best to follow up with your doctor since photos don't tell what was done (how many grafts were placed or what it looked like before the surgery).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant

Hi Spotty_

Thanks for your post and your photo's.

As per the other PS you do need to be a little more patient. The results will take at least 18 months to fully realise.

You may or may not need to revisit this closer to that time, and talk it over with your surgeon.

Looking good though 

Hair transplant at 6 months

Cogratulation to your medical team that they do a perfect job . it is very good result for 6 months and you have to thank them . ıf your expectations is higher than that result , second op of HT  needed for you .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Post procedure Progress

Hang in there, full results can take up to 18 months.  

At 6 months, if you are using minoxidil, you will be at approx 50% density. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Resutls

Full results can take 18 months.  Touch ups may always be needed so this can be an expected outcome.  Keep close follow up and just be ready for all options.  Remember, not all transplants result in growth and some can be thin.  As long as you picked a good clinic your odds are good, not perfect, but good.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

6 months after a hair transplant

You have to wait out the full 8 months for 80% of the results to show. Then at 11 months you will see 95% of the results. These are the milestones when you can see what you got results wise and then if you are not happy, go back to see your doctor. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon