I am not happy with my natural hairline, is there a way that I can grow out the edges? (photos)

As seen in the picture my hairline and edges are not how I like them , I don't like that my hairline looks like I'm balding when I'm 18. If there is anyway to fix this or grow that hair please let me know.

Growing Hair

Hi Dannydoubleleg

Thanks for posting and your photo. Unfortunately once the hair is gone, then it is gone and subject to a hair transplant, there is not much you can do about it. Though you could try PRP, as a first stop.

PRP: Platelet Rich Plasma involves the injection of a patient’s own plasma and growth factors in to targeted areas by a cosmetic specialist. PRP treatment for hair rejuvenation involves the injection of a patient’s own plasma and growth factors in to the to improve hair density and the acceleration of hair growth in order to improve the appearance of hair thickness and condition.

For many people, hair transplant surgery, also known as hair restoration, can effectively help bring back a fuller head of hair within months. With the latest techniques in hair transplantation we can offer a permanent solution to hair loss. We are now able to transplant individual hair follicles from one part of the body to another, whilst preserving their growth physiology and anatomy. This permanent solution means that the transplanted hair follicles will survive and grow as they once did in that area.

Good luck with your journey and finding a great solution.

Temple revision

You are definitely young in age for a hair transplant, however it's likely that your condition can be corrected with a small FUE procedure and just bring the hairline in the temple forward about 1/2 centimeter.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you don't like your hair line, a hair transplant may be an option. You would first need to see a doctor for an examination.

If you don't like your hair line, a hair transplant may be an option. You would first need to see a doctor for an examination for a better understanding and to make sure you would be a good candidate.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Temporal point restoration

Having a solid hairline keeps you from looking bald.  And having solid temporal points keeps your face look more youthful.  Temporal point are major players in the proportions of the face and not only keep you from looking bald, they keep you look more youthful.  

We perform plenty of temporal point restoration in our office successfully.  These procedures if done correctly make a great change in the overall framing of the face.  Both harvesting (when needed) and restoring the temporal points are important features that a good hair transplant surgeon can offer to patients.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Temple closure and temple angle closure

A revision can be done to achieve the temple closure and facial framing desired.  A consultation can achieve this for you to get more information regarding approach to your desired look. 

With styling, you can camouflage the area and conceal it.  This would involve growing your temple hair longer.  

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

18 and early recession of the hairline

You may be developing a maturing hairline with a low forelock. I would have to examine you to tell you which is the case. Generally 18 years old should not chase the hairline because progressive balding will possibly happen and then leave you freaky looking and hooked on more hair transplants year after year. As you are in Las Vegas, you should call me and discuss what I am talking about. We have Open House Events, the next one is on Saturday May 14th between 11-2pm. Worth a flight to LA to see patients and get a free consultation. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon