Does derma roller work for hair loss?

Hello is it true that by using derma roller on your head will help the hair grow? ( and in my case it is my hair line ) Also is it safe to use minoxidil afterwards ? thank you

Channels for PRP

Derma rollers act as channels to allow stem cells and growth factors from platelets penetrate the skin's surface. Rollers can work, micro- needling followed by PRP works better. This is done with local anaesthetic or a ring block. All the best, Dr Davin LimLaser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Does derma roller work for hair loss?

Thank you for your query. Dermaroller helps in hair growth provided it is used with some topical serums like mesosolution for hair or prp. Just the dermaroller alone on scalp is not of much help. You should take advice from your dermatologist as after proper examination best suitable procedure can be done.All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Does derma roller work for hair loss?

Micro-needling of the skin is not a treatment for hair loss. However, the micro-channels created in the skin by micro-needling enhance penetration of topical serums and medications, dramatically increasing their effectiveness. In my office, to treat hair loss we are combining micro-needling with the application of human growth factor serums made from stem cells to stimulate new hair growth and are having good success. We use a product from ProCell Therapies which is made to be used with micro-needling in the treatment of hair loss.It is not safe to apply any medication after micro-needling, Minoxidil included, that is not specifically made to be injected under the skin.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon