Does 1.0mm Derma Roller work for deep acne scars for my face? (Photo)

What is the best dermaroller needle to use to treat acne scar?

Depend on your scar type

Sorry, the photos didnt show up. If you have open pores, mild box car scars, and very mild atrophic scars, sure skin needling can help. I would go up to 1.5 mm, performed every 2-3 weeks. If you want better improvement, move up to energy based devices like RF microneedling, better devices will have INSULATED micro needling, and if you want even better results incorporate all these procedures with PRP. Always treat the scar type, and not use a device to treat 'acne scars'.All the best,Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Microneedling is a great option for acne scars, since you can control the depth of the needles. A 1.5 mm – 2 mm depth is appropriate for scar therapy as opposed to the dermal roller which has only one depth. A series of treatments every two weeks for 5-7 sessions you should see significant improvement in your scar.  Avoiding sun exposure for 1-2 weeks post-treatment to avoid any hyperpigmentation is crucial as well as a good sunscreen with a high SPF.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS