How long prior to pregnancy can I get lip fillers?

Hello, i would like to get lip fillers. I want to get pregnant in 4 month ( i am not pregnant now) ,should i do the fillers or wait until after pregnancy? Thank you for your answer.

There are no studies that I am aware of that can answer that question. Restylane and other fillers are not recommended during pregnancy, but there is no information on injections prior to a planned pregnancy. Most likely it is completely safe, but in the absence of data to prove that, it may be best to just wait until after you have delivered. Best of luck!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Filler before pregnancy

I usually recommend holding off on all elective procedures once one is pregnant but you do not have to worry about filler already being in you body when you become pregnant. It will have no adverse effects.  Best of luck!

Filler before pregnancy

Lip fillers fine before pregnancy

You should be safe getting lip fillers any time up until you  get pregnant. We do not recommend doing these during pregnancy but until you are actively trying there should be no problem. There is no proof that it is a problem during pregnancy but why look for problems. If anything went wrong you would always blame all of the things that you did around that time frame.

Lip fillers fine before pregnancy

Lip Fillers and Pregnancy

You can have lip augmentation any time before you become pregnant.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Fillers and Pregnancy

Lip fillers and pregnancy

There should be no problem getting fillers at any point before pregnancy.  Although there is no procedure approved during pregnancy there has never been a report of a problem

Lip fillers and pregnancy

Lip fillers prior to pregnancy

Thank you for sharing your question. There have been no problems seen with the injection of fillers 4 months prior to pregnancy. Discuss with your doctor before receiving the treatment.
Good luck.

Lip fillers prior to pregnancy

Good luck.

Fillers and pregnancy

Fillers have not been studied during pregnancy for obvious reasons.  There have been no reports of systemic effects from fillers that are used in the lips.   Hyaluronic acid fillers are analogs to components of our natural collagen and get degraded naturally by the body with no short term or long term side-effects other than risk related to the injections themselves.  Theoretically, you could get a lip filler done the day before you are pregnant without any adverse risk.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and pregnancy

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon