I had a restylane skin booster injected in to my cheeks for acne scars and now my rolling scars look worse. What can I do?

The procedure make the scars look worse!!.. Is this product will dissolve in time ?.. As I knew wasn't permanent.. Has been 2 weeks now and I'm panicking.. I can see and feel lumps Thank you for you help.

Fillers for Acne Scars

I often use fillers for acne scars with fantastic results.  I use a great deal of fillers for this reason.  However, if the fillers do not look correct you should return to have it dissolved.  Please consult an expert with scars and fillers for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler for acne scarring

Fillers can be a nice option for reducing the appearance of acne scarring depending on the degree and type of scarring present; it is extremely helpful when used in combination with more permanent solutions such as laser or subcision.  Treatment of acne scarring should be highly personalized; there is no quick fix unfortunately.  If fillers made the area more prominent, this could be due to placement, injection technique, or swelling.  Thankfully, hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved in a few hours with hyaluronidase and will resolve by themselves overtime.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and acne scars

Fillers are not always the best treatment for acne scars. there are 2 types--broad scars which can be helped with fillers and ice pick scars which simply end up looking like a donut. if you had these injected I would see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, have the material removed, and then he can do a punch graft.be sure he is board certified in one of these

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane for acne scars

Fortunately, your restylane can be dissolved with hyaluronidase (an additional injectable medication). I would advise being seen by a board-certified facial plastic surgeon's office to discuss options and be fully evaluated. Injector selection should always be chosen carefully for patient safety and desired outcomes.

All the best to you,

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps follow Restylane injections

Thank you for sharing your question. Sorry you had a bad experience with Restylane injections. Fortunately, the product can be dissolved with Vitrase. Make sure your injector is very experienced. Good luck.