Anything I can do to wear off Botox quicker? (Photos)

Anything I can do to wear off Botox quicker faster. I have lip fillers 2/3 times a year and usually love My smile. But not now, 2weeks ago who I usually and always see, wanted to try somthing else to try and lift my top lip. He used Botox and I am so mortified with the results. My smile had disappeared and I no longer look the same at all. My friends and family all have told me how I look like a different smile. Please please give any advice to get my smile back, I know time is key but I am so down

Botox Complication

Hi Linzi, 

Using the muscle continuously can sometimes help the Botox wear off a bit quicker, however, there is no reversal agents for Botox and it typically lasts 3-4 months.  I am sorry you are having a bad experience. The other option to restore the fullness in your lips would be filler. 

Hope this helps, 

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Physician

Botox

Unfortunately there is no antidote to reverse the effect of Botox, but the good news is that it will be temporary and will last at most 3-4 months. In general, perioral injection of Botox can carry the risk of weakness and asymmetry of the smile and should be done in small doses, cautiously and with paying attention to the detail anatomy of the depressors and elevators of the lip.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Botox in upper lip

This is the result of improper injection technique and cannot be reversed or make the Botox go away faster; however, filler can be injected to improve the lip while the Botox is wearing off. Be sure your doctor is qualified and experienced

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Unfortunately, there is nothing to reverse the effects of Botox. Constant movement of those muscles may help it wear off quicker, but not guaranteed. Typically it will take 3-4 months to resolve. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox In The Upper Lip

I am sorry to hear about your Botox experience. It takes 3-4 months for Botox to wear off. Remember to make sure your doctor is experienced with Botox.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox

Hi ~ At this time there is no proven way to make Botox wear off faster. On average Botox will last 3-4 months. It is very important to go to an experienced injector who understands facial muscle anatomy to prevent unwanted side effects.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Lifting top lip with Botox gone wrong

Lifting the top lip with Botox is minimal at best. If done improperly, it will hit the elevators of the lip and lead to this. This is caused by the levator superioris labii alaeque nasi muscle being relaxed. Nothing can be done to expedite this healing. It will be about 2 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Awkward smile after botox

Hey Linzi, 

Thought I'd weigh in as well. Sorry about your recent botox experience, but I wanted to warn you about something else- often times when we botox around the forehead and between the eye brows, patients start "pulling" from other muscles to mimic a smile- we call them bunny lines on the nose. 

It may be natural for you to try to force your smile to use other facial muscles in the meantime until your botox wears off- if you do this and start some other smile patterns- you may notice a change once your face does move regularly- I just wanted you to be aware of that and concentrate on not trying to move extra muscles in order to recreate your natural smile- make sense? 

Lastly, you'll likely notice your natural smile returning prior to 3-4mo - botox is a competitive inhibitor which is medical talk which means that your normal nerve function will slowly evolve and begin to work again. It's true you can still see effects for 3-4mo but this doesn't mean you'll be frozen that whole time!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Botox and Side Effect

Unfortunately there is nothing that you an do to make the Botox go away faster.  It will take 3 to 4 months to completely resolve.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox results

Sorry to hear about your Botox experience. It usually takes 3-4 months for the Botox to wear off. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to speed this up. I'm sure this is not what you wanted to hear but I promise you the effects will wear off.