My transplanted hair has not fallen out yet?

It's been 20 days since I had my FUT procedure and my transplanted hair has kept growing and not fallen out yet - Surely at this stage the grafted hair should have fallen out and the next phase should be starting soon? In all hair transplant cases - do all graft hairs fall out or can they keep growing with no shedding?

Transplanted hair has not fallen out at 20 days

Consider yourself lucky. If it stays in place and starts growing, you might be i the 5% of patients that get instant growth.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It may take days t o weeks for transplanted hairs to fall out. In some cases it may continue to grow.

It may take days t o weeks for transplanted hairs to fall out.  In some cases it may continue to grow.  If you are concerned see your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

No shedding after hair transplant surgery

It is possible that grafts directly grow without shedding phase. Though the possibily is quite low. All you can do now is just waiting. You will also benifit a lot if combing oral finasteride or topical minixidil solutuon.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon