How long after a coronal incision can you get hair transplants to another area?

I want brow bone reduction/forehead contouring but also hairline transplants at the temples and widows peak of my hairline. I have two specific questions 1.If I get brow bone reduction done via a coronal approach how long do I have to wait for hair transplants to be transplanted to the temples/widows peak- could you do it right away since it is not the same area? 2. If I needed hair grafting to the coronal incision area, then how long would I have to wait to have that done?

Wants a hair transplant

It seems that you should ask both your hair transplant surgeon and your brow surgeon these questions. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Time span needed after coronal incision

After a coronal incision we recommend you wait at least 6 months post-op before making a that decision.  

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Following a coronal incision for a brow reduction, there is a reduced blood supply to the scalp in front of the incision. To assure the best "take" of the grafts, I would suggest waiting at least 3 months for a hair transplant. If you want hair transplant grafts in the incision itself, I would wait until the coronal scar is mature, and this takes about 6 months. Possibly you will  not need hair transplant grafts in the scar itself, however. 
If you have the opportunity, I would suggest that you at least look at the NeoGraft technology and compare the results. It is our preferred technique for men because of the lack of a linear scar in the posterior scalp.
Thank you for your question, and best of luck to you.

If you had surgery for a forehead reduction, you need to wait until the scar has completely healed before having a hair transpla

If you had surgery for a forehead reduction, you need to wait until the scar has completely healed before having a hair transplant surgery.  You can also ask your doctor if you believe your case is different.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

HT after a coronal incision

If there is no infection or another complication about op , you may have HT after 3 wweks of op .But  it is better to wait at least 6 months for scar maturation and decide whether you need  hair restoration on scar or not.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Transplants after a Coronal Incision

If you want to change the position and contour of your hairline it might be appropriate to have an Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision when doing the forehead bony contouring. This would enable you to accomplish your goals with one procedure. Pictures would be helpful.

Hair transplants after a coronal brow lift

Due to the nature of the brow surgery I would probably wait 6 months.  This way you could lie face down for harvest either by strip or FUE or Robotic without worrying about compromise or discomfort.  In all likelihood you will not need transplants to the scar as this area usually heals beautifully in the hands of most all plastic surgeons.  Good luck with your surgery.

Hair transplants and brow reduction bony surgery

Brow bone reduction is usually done via an open coronal scalp incision. This leaves a scar, the quality of which varies. Hair transplantation can be used to hide the scar if required so there is an argument for waiting to see how the scar heals before having a hair transplant to other areas.A skilled surgeon might be able to do a scalp advancement procedure at the same time to reduce the size of temporal recessions.Also, a bony brow reduction would usually be done under general anaesthetic/IV sedation whereas hair transplants are almost always done under local anaesthetic. Increasing the length of time a patient was having a GA or IV sedation by adding the hair transplant would increase the risk to the patient.Although some surgeons will do both at the same time, this should only be done by someone with significant experience in both procedures and only after the risks are clearly discussed.

Greg Williams, FRCS (Plast)
London Hair Restoration Surgeon