How often to use a 0.5 mm Derma Roller?

Hi Y'all. I have started using a 0.5 mm derma roller on my face 3 times a week. After just doing some research, I've no idea how often to really use it. Some sites say, for this depth of needles, you can use it 2-3 times a week, some say once every three weeks, some once every 4-6 weeks, and some say you can use it every day! I understand that if you reach the dermis (which this depth does not), you need to wait 6 weeks or so before doing another roll. Please, kind Doctors, answer this for me!!

How often can you micro-needle your skin at home?

I have my patients micro-needle their skin at home two to three times per week using a special hand held device that we manufacture. It is not a derma roller, as it uses a vertical "stamping motion" which gives a much more even pattern of vertical needle insertions into the skin as well as a more effective result. I also have my patients combine home micro-needling with a human growth factor serum that is specifically made for micro-needling. These serums contain concentrated growth factors derived from human bone marrow stem cells which have been found to be superior to other sources of growth factors such as PRP, fibroblasts, and adipose-derived stem cells.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon