Fraxel for stretch marks three weeks ago. Why does redness persist? Linear red marks all over abdomen and belly, worried (Photo)

Fraxel three weeks ago for stretch marks on abdomen and hips. Hip ones were white and old, belly ones were purple and new. Left with disgusting, distinct red marks. Never thought these would last so long.

Fraxel for Stretch Marks

It appears from your photos that you are red and perhaps hyperpigmented as well.  I am not sure what settings the Fraxel was performed.  I often prefer the eMatrix for stretch marks since you don't generally have these same risks.  Please return to your treating physician for examination. Perhaps some bleaching creams or V-Beam laser will help you. It is always best to consult with a board certified dermatolgosit with experience with lasers.  Best, Dr Green

Fraxel for Stretch Marks

The skin can be irritated or get hyperpigmented after laser procedures.  All my patients get lightening creams to prevent this.  Please speak to your physician,  it make take 4-6 weeks to heal.  Best, Dr. Emer.