After I get a Breast Augmentation will my nipples will still point outwards? (photo)

I'm looking to get breast augmentation because my nipples point outwards I just want to know if my nipples will still point outwards or can it be fixed

After I get a Breast Augmentation will my nipples will still point outwards?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, you should explain to your surgeon what are your goals, he will be able to tell you if possible or not, I recommend you it consult a board certified plastic surgeon that can help get the appearance that you wish.

Breast Augmentation Won't Address Nipple Direction

Getting breast implants increases the volume of your breasts, but it won't change the direction of your nipples. Combining a breast lift with breast augmentation can help reshape the breasts while enhancing their size. Additionally, an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon may recommend reducing the size of the areolae during that combined procedure, if desired. The issues you've raised should be thoroughly addressed during your consultation. I would suggest meeting with at least 2 different surgeons before moving forward with the procedure. Best of luck.

Breast Implants and nipple Orientation

Breast implants increase the volume of your breast.  The implant is centered under the breast, therefore, the nipple direction is not changed.  It is important to discuss your expectations with your plastic surgeon before surgery.  There are surgical procedures that can adjust the direction of the nipples which would require an incision your breast.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will discuss these options with you at the time of your consultation.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Won't improve nipple direction

Unfortunately, because the implants have to be centred behind your nipples, they will continue to point outwards even after your surgery. Breast augmentation would not make them point forward.

Will breast augmentation change the projection of my nipples?

Breast augmentation will enhance the volume of your breasts, but it will not change the way your nipples appear.  They will still point outward.  Discuss this with your board-certified plastic surgeon and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Nipples point outward after augmentation?

Your photos demonstrate breasts with outwardly angled nipples. This appearance is not disturbed by breast implants. The breasts will still point in the same direction but will have larger volume after placement of breast implants. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with patients with your appearance.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

After I get a breast augmentation will my nipples still point outward?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Implants are designed only to increase the natural volume found in your breasts and will not adjust the position of your nipples.  As a result you can anticipate your nipples to still point outwards.  Based on your breast size and appearance I would favor you leaving them as they are.  Best wishes.

Nipple position after augmentation

An augmentation will simply augment what you already have. The implants are generally centered on the nipple complex and so your result will be a fuller version of your current anatomy. I might suggest just leaving them as they are!

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Augmentation only accentuates the anatomy that is already present. Your nipples will still point outward. 

Breasts augmentation with areolas reduction and medial transposition

Dear Neea,

Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture you appear to be  B  cup size with large areolas that are excessively displaced laterally, way beyond the ideal golden golden triangle (equidistant triangle ). 

I have been in practice for over 29 years and performed breasts augmentation surgery on thousands of patients. Based on that experience, I can tell you that your nipples will be moved further laterally by the implants, which will be even more unattractive than what you have now. The only way to correct your unfortunate anatomy and create much more attractive breasts , is to move the areolas medially with mini lift  (donut, Bennely) type procedure without the lift. This will also reduce the size of the areolas, which otherwise will get stretched to larger size by the implants and that is also unattractive.

Implants size selection is very important too, but you will have to provide the information about your desire and your chest circumference measurement in inches, which is critical for the correct selection of implants' size.

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So , do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely , in order to avoid bad result and possible need for corrective surgery.

Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Dr Widder