Can anyone recommend a surgeon for ankles liposuction?

I would love to have liposuction on my ankles (cankles) and calves but am having a hard time finding a surgeon in Maryland that specializes in this area of the body. Can anyone recommend a surgeon that does this procedure?

Calf Reduction

When looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles, it is important to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles and restore a more shapely leg. Unlike other areas of the body the ankles and calves  require a certain delicacy which is why I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. I’s thought to  involves less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also resculpts the body.

You need to travel to find a doc who does good calves/ankles liposuction. No way around it.

There are so few lipo docs with the experience and skills to do good calves/ankle liposculpting, who do it under tum. local with the micro canulas and who stands you up to fine tune the results. You just need to travel when it comes to quality work.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf and ankle liposuction

I have treated these areas successfully in many patients and the results can achieve a much slimmer appearance to the lower leg/ankle areas.  The procedure is done as an outpatient with minimal discomfort and only a few days of recovery.

Thank you for your question!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Liposuction of ankles - how to find a surgeon

Thank you for asking about your ankle liposuction.
  • You need to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • No plastic surgeon will specialize specifically in this area.
  • Results of liposuction can be good but must be done with small cannulas and great care.
  • I have had some patients in whom the fat was directly around nerves and had to be removed surgically because it was not safe with liposuction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Calf and Ankle Liposuction -- Find An Expert

This type of liposuction requires someone very meticulous.  I suggest only going to an expert this area is something that requires someone very well trained in contouring and defining.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ankle liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. This is becoming increasingly more common and can have nice results in the right patient.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Ankle and calf (Cankle) liposuction

Thank you for the question. Lately cankle liposuction has become increasing popular with great results. It can be combined with liposuction of other areas such as the calves, knees, thighs. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who has experience performing these procedures by checking the AmericanSociety of Plastic Surgeon website and calling their offices. Plasticsurgery.orgBest of luck!Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Liposuction and Body Contouring procedures.I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon