Are there any doctors learning to do liposuction that need healthy volunteers? (Photo)

I'm willing to volunteer as I have a lot fat on my upper and lower stomach, hips, thighs, back/bra roll.

Liposuction - ready to volunteer

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Plastic Surgery training programs often have reduced price liposuction done by residents -
  • Surgery however will not be free.
  • Liposuction is not a weight loss treatment -
  • Fat will return to new areas if you do not lose at least 10 pounds after liposuction.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- GET AN EXPERT

I suggest you see an expert and do not compromise your care for cost or distance.  Liposuction can have medical and cosmetic consequences if no performed properly. Best, Dr. Emer.

Both USC and UCLA have clinics run by the Chief Residents in Plastic Surgery and supervised by senior plastic surgeons who are all fully Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and members of the clinical faculty at either university.  The faculty are carefully selected for their expertise in aesthetic surgery, and have many years of experience.  The residents are already quite experienced as well, and the results at both clinics are quite good.  Contact the plastic surgery offices at either university to get an appointment to the resident aesthetic (cosmetic) clinic for more information.

Are there any doctors learning to do liposuction that need healthy volunteers?

Most medical schools that have a Plastic Surgery Residency will have a Resident's Clinic. But if you are the patient in the black outfit in the photo you are not a good candidate for liposuction until you lose quite a bit of weight. Liposuction is not for overweight patients, it is for contouring patients who are at or close to their best weight prior to surgery. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Seeking doctors learning to do liposuction (?).

I can clearly understand your motivation in asking that question but my best advice to you is to avoid being a volunteer for someone "learning" the procedure.  There are so many risks of obtaining a poor outcome from someone learning the procedure that you would be best advised to avoid that direction.  For example, I have seen patients who had dimples, depressions ridges and irregularities who regret the day they chose the doctor who performed their procedure just so that they could save money. Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD