8 weeks post abdominal lipo, should I still have hard lumps under the skin?

I'm 8 weeks post lipo on my abdomen/flanks/pubic mound and I'm still experiencing very hard bumps that are quite painful to the touch in my flank and pubic area. I've been reading that massage will help reduce this but it's quite painful still. Should I wait or start getting massage and deal with the pain? Also is it normal to still be experiencing this almost 2 months after surgery? Everything I've been reading has been a couple weeks post surgery.

Abdominal liposuction - hard lumps after 8 weeks normal?

Thank you for asking about your abdominal liposuction.
  • Hard painful lumps can persist especially on the sides and pubis.
  • Massage does help, according to many of my patients, but as you have found out, it hurts.
  • For my patients, I inject very dilute steroid into hard lumps and they often subside and stop hurting.
  • Ask your surgeon if s/he is willing to do this for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I suggest massage, venus legacy or exilis treatments with cellutone/z wave at this time. It is common to have swelling for months after liposuction.  If you are concerned speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.