How to get rid of lumps in lip after Juvederm Ultra 1/2 syringe injection? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 10
Juvederm and Lump
Juvederm is a great filler especially in the lips. If you still feel a lump after several days please consult a dermatologist about having Vitrase injected into the area to dissolve the lump. It is always best to consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.
Lumps after Juvederm
Filler in lips
You might also like...
Lumps in lip after Juvederm injection
Lumps after lip injection
I would certainly contact your injector to see if they may advise massage. At this early stage (within the first two weeks after injection) it could be the filler, but it could be swelling.
At any rate, if it persists down the road, the options would be to massage some more, or to apply some hyaluronidase to dissolve the lump.
Lip filler bumps is fairly common after filler. The bumps can occur early on and many settle down. Although massage after filler is considered a mainstay, beware that massage can drive the filler into another location if done too early.
Reasons for bumps after filler:
- Technique- Filler may have been used too superficially or wrong type of filler
- Mouth movements- In some patients their movements can promote the accumulation of bumps and an alternative technique can be advocated.
Treating lip filler bumps:
- Observation +/- massage- Should be done for almost all lip filler bumps for 2 weeks. For our patients we usually advocated massage after 48-72 hours to let the filler settle into place.
- Reversal- A reversal agent can be used such as Vitrase to dissolve the filler if there is a large obvious persistent bump
- Additional filler- An expert filler injector can used improved technique to mask the lip bumps.
The application of lip filler is very technical and should be done by an expert injector.
Lips in Lips after Juvederm Ultra
Lumps on lip
Thank you for your post and photograph. It does appear as if some of the Juvederm has been injected either into your orbicularis oris or lip muscle or the mucosa itself. When these two locations the sub tissue gel filler is difficult to massage out and manipulate or move.
At this point in time, I generally administer Hyaluronidase to reduce lip swelling and add some more filler or allow this lip augmentation to settle.
I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.
For more information, please review the link below.
R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Juvederm lumps in lips
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.