Hydroquinone 4% use after pigmentation C02 laser; is this the best product to use? (Photo)

4 weeks ago I had C02 laser done under my eyes. In the past week I've had some pigmentation start to happen (yes I've been carful with sun and using sunglasses/sunscreen) I was recommended by my doctor to use hydroquinone 4%. On my first night of using it I noticed in the morning the spots got darker. My questions are...Is this the best product to use? When using hydroquinone does it get worse (spot get darker) before it looks better (lightens)?

Treatment of hyperpigmentation after co2 laser

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Yes, hydroquinone is one of the best treatments for the management of hyperpigmentation. the results will take between 1 to 3 months. Everybody reacts differently to it. 

Your Doctor is taking the correct steps. Have an open conversation with her/him, as you progress with your procedure.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Co2 pigmentation treatment requires a combination--skin care, lasers

I recommend following up with your Dr. A combination approach would be best. This can be treated with the proper skin care, skin lightening like hydroquinone, kojic acid, Aerolase, Clear + Brilliant laser treatments. PRP also helps. Please see an expert for options. Best, Dr. Emer.