I would like information on the pros and cons of sinus lift versus sinus pop up relating to dental implants.

I am a 57 year old woman. I was told by one dentist I would need full sinus lift and by another dentist that a sinus pop up would be fine. Can you please explain the pros and cons of each. 

Osteotome sinus lift versus lateral wall sinus lift

Without more information, I won't be able to give you an answer that is specific to your situation. I can however give you a description of the difference between the two procedures.  Typically, a lateral wall lift can improve the bone height over a much larger area and to a large extent. It is however, more invasive, more expensive, and has a longer postop healing time. The osteotome lift is indicated for only a single implant site and typically cannot achieve as much improvement in the height of the jawbone. I hope you found this information to be helpful, Dr. Champagne

Types of sinus lifts?

There are a number of different sinus bone augmentation techniques. Because bone in the back upper jaw is often missing when teeth are removed these procedures are quite common.  These techniques are divided into open(lateral window) or closed(crestal) approaches.  In cases of very large augmentations or areas of less than 4mm of vertical bone the open approaches are preferred.  Closed approaches are great for smaller areas where implants are placed simultaneously.  Significantly less morbidity with the various closed approaches.   Every surgeon has their own preferences.  Make sure you consult with several.   Best of luck.