Face is discoloured and almost purple post chemical peel? (Photos)

Today I got my 2nd chemical peel @ a reputable location by an experienced aesthetician. About 2 hrs after my peel, I noticed discolouration in the areas (dark purple/brownish colour) where I already had scarring. I called the clinic & she told me this was normal & when I start peeling, the discolouration will go away. I was also told not to wash it off until I wake up next morning. This never happened the first time so I'm worried. I'm not sure what type or % peel she uses. Attached are pics.

Post chemical peel

Based on the photos you have provided, it appears that there has been over penetration of the peel. I would ask to see the person who performed the peel in person for a followup. To prevent hyperpigmentation/scarring, keep the area moist, stay out of the sun, and avoid any harsh products on your face. If you were my patient, I would also probably consider a topical steroid cream to help control and inflammation. Again, stay out of sun, don't pick your skin, and keep the skin moist. 

This is most likely transient.

However, I strongly encourage you to see a board certified dermatologist for any care you might need to deal with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  Please consider posting more photographs here on Realself so we can follow your progress.