Botox vs dermal filler for jowls? (photos)

I have a very slight sag on my jowls. I'm 20 years old so I would 100% not have a face lift. It seems to be the natural shape of my cheeks as I've actually had chubby cheeks since I was a baby, a child and now as an adult. I was told a small amount of Botox would help even the skin out and appear lifted. I've shown a picture of me smiling slightly, straight faced, side view and lifting one side slightly.

Young jowls

This is part of your genetic make-up and unrelated to aging  - therefore challenging to treat.  Consider botox to the masseters and fillers to created a smoother contour - I don't think Ultherapy will do much.

Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Combination treatment with Botox and fillers will work best

A small amount of Botox injected into each DAO muscle will help with the downturn at the corners of the mouth. This combined with fillers to the corners of the mouth and pre jowl sulcus will improve the appearance of your lower face. I recommend you see an experienced injector for a formal consultation.

Fillers and Botox...

Thank you for the photos.  I would recommend both Botox to the DAO (Depressor Anguli Ori) muscle and a filler like Restylane Lyft or Voluma to the jawline area.  This will helps reduce the appearance and correct your concerning areas.  Hope this helps.  I encourage you to find a provider with experience for this area.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Chubby cheeks

Botox can help with decreasing the appearance of the masseter muscle and also can give a bit of a lift if injected along the mandibular line. Fillers can then be used to help smooth out some areas

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Jowls

Botox is not used on the jowls, filler would be best to camouflage this early change that you see. Best of luck.

Botox and Filler

Hi There, 

I believe the a combination therapy would give you the greatest benefit. I would inject your depressor anguli oris muscle with Botox and fill the marionette lines, as well as corner of mouth with Restylane. The Botox will soften the lines and the filler will help lift the corners by adding volume that has been lost. 

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

How about a combo?

I suggest a formal consultation as there are many options to improve this area -- A combination of Sculptra, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Fillers can all help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox & Dermal Filler for Jowl Softening

Dear rachontarioxo:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend initial injection of Botox to the muscle (DAO) just under the corner of your mouth followed by a dermal filler like Juvederm Volift to the area just under the corner of your mouth as well possibly to the area just lateral to the jowl.  Remember less is more. Best wishes.

Dermal Fillers versus Botox

Botox into the DAO's and a small amount of fillers in the jowls would help correct this situation.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green