How many units of Botox for forehead and crows feet area?

how many units to for horizontal lines in forehead area and crow's feet to achieve anatural look and slight brow lift and to make sure eyebrows do not drop? i did go to a ps and i looked too masculine, so before i do anything iwant to double check they do not use too much. i wpuld like to do it for prevention...

Naturally

I typically start with 24Units to address the crow's feet, glabella, and forehead. This is much below what the Allergan reps have suggested, but I think a simple trick will give a natural result. I inject where the muscles pulls on the skin. NOT the wrinkle. For heaven's sake NOT the preplanned Botox-for-Dummies injector chart on your dentist's or family nurse practitioner's wall in the exam room. Botox blocks muscle movement. If the muscle is blocked the "dynamic wrinkle" dissipates and facial expression remains giving a softer natural look without the frozen expressionless stereotype we want to avoid.

Mountain Home Plastic Surgeon

How much Botox

It is difficult to determine how much Botox a person needs without examining them. The dose varies from person to person.  I recommend you seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox dosing

It is hard to give an accurate dosing estimate without seeing photos or performing an in person evaluation. That being said, in general, I use 16-20 units for the glabella (frown lines), 8-10 units for the forehead (horizontal forehead lines), and 12-20 units for crows feet. 

The Amount of Units Of Botox Needed

It is difficult to assess how much you would need without an examination. You can use Botox in in small doses until you reach your desired look. I recommend you go for a consultation to determine the best treatment plan for you.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox Injections Best Performed By Experienced Aesthetic Physicians

The average person requires about 20 units to treat horizontal forehead "worry" lines, 12 units to treat periorbital "crows feet" around the eyes. Despite having said that, however, there really is no such thing as the "average person." I have been treating patients with Botox for aesthetic reasons since 1991 and have found that individual variations can be considerable and optimal treatment results depend upon respecting and addressing these individual variations, rather than depending, as so often do novice injectors, on a "cookbook" approach to treating everyone. Make sure you vett your physician well and ask to see his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. Good luck to you.. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Amount of Botox needed for forehead and Crows feet

The amount of units required is best determined in person by an expert such as a dermatologist. Typically, for the forehead, a person will get 12-18 units, and for each Crow's feet area a similar amount. Age, gender, strength of muscles, and other anatomic factors determine the ultimate dose. To be safe, or when going for a preventative dose, start with the lowest amount in this range, as you can always add more if needed.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Needs Vary

Having injected Botox for 25 years for conditions such as wrinkles and eyelid spasms, I can tell you that Botox dosing requirements vary immensely from one person to another. For crow's feet, I typically start by injecting 2.5 units in three separate locations on each side, for a total of 15 units. In the forehead, I spread about six injections across each side for a total of about 12 injections of 2.5 units. My primary goal with the first treatment is to not overtreat. I tell patients we will start slowly and work up to the desired dosing, as overtreatment can lead to problems such as dry eyes caused by temporary weakening of the blinking muscles.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

How Many Units Of Botox For Forehead And Crow's Feet Area?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  Based on what you described, I would suggest starting with 15 units for your crow's feet and 10-20 units to treat your horizontal forehead creases.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Botox units for different areas

In general, I prefer about 12-15 units or so for the crow's feet. The fore head will vary and may be between 20-30 units depending upon the goals. But this is an estimate for the average patient that I treat.  Each patient is different.

Botox

This is kind of a tough question to answer without seeing a photo and examining the strength of your muscle, but in general I will do 10-20 units around the eyes and 10-25 units in the forehead.  Sometimes, the placement of the injections is more important than the actual amount.  For new patients, I like to undertreat at first so we can figure out what dose is best going forward.  After we know what you like, we do the same thing every time!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon