Hemoglobin is 11.8 and I need i to be 13.9 for BBL surgery. I am currently talking floradix.

my hemoglobin is 11.8 and I need i to be 13.9 for surgery. i am currently talking floradix liquid Iron and herb. My surgery is December 13th. Please ADVISE

Hemoglobin levels

The best person to discuss this with would be your plastic surgeon seeing as every surgeon may have a slightly different protocol. Common causes of low hemoglobin levels are due to deficiencies in iron, vitamin C and B12 so I would recommend including these supplements in your diet. I would also eat iron and vitamin C rich foods such as red meat, spinach, almonds, oranges, strawberries and broccoli. This should help raise your hemoglobin levels. Best of luck!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I do not require a hemoglobin that high, so I would try to email or call the surgeon.  

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Actually here at the Dominican Republic the hemoglobin range for bbl is 12.5 which is very good. If you want to rise your hero to 13.9 I will recommend you to take iron pills every day and twice a day, also you can get iron infusions, for sure it will help.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD