Post BBl weight gain / swelling, is this normal?

I am 15 days post op from my BBL. I am still currently 9 lbs above my preoperative weight. Wondering if this is normal. Is is swelling or am I actually gaining weight. I still have significant bruising in some areas. How can I speed up the process of eliminating the fluids. I am currently taking 1600 to 2400 mg of Motrin a day and Bromelain supplements twice a day. I keep researching and feel like I'm the only one still heavier this long after surgery. Thanks for any input !

Post BBL weight gain.

Thank you for your question. It is normal to have changes in your weight beacuse of the fluid retention and swelling. You can accelerate the process of recovery with lymphatic drainage massage. You should always address your concerns to your specific surgeon as he or she will be the best person to advice you. Best is a board certified plastic surgeon. Godd luck! 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..  If you gain weight of course you will gain fat for your bbl, but also you can still be swollen 15 days post op, so don't confuse both things. Use your boopy pillow for at least 8 weeks from the procedure and protect your bbl shape.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Weight gain immediately after lipo and BBL

Your weight has not stabilized yet, talk to your plastic surgeon and good luck. if  your plastic surgeon was board certified in plastic surgery and does a ton of liposuction you are in good hands. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

The weight gain is probably mostly from fluid retention related to the swelling. Some may be due to inactivity as well.