Is it safe to take collagen & hyaluronic acid during breastfeeding?

Juvederm

Thank you for your question. It is recommended to avoid all cosmetic treatments while pregnant and/or breastfeeindg. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Fillers while breastfeeding

I never inject a patient with fillers while they are pregnant or breastfeeding.  No studies have been done on filler injections while pregnant or breastfeeding.  Also, the FDA has not approved these treatments while pregnant or breastfeeding.  Please seek a qualified professional for your treatment.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox/Filler and Pregnancy/Breastfeeding

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. I would not get injected while you are pregnant or breastfeeding as this could lead to problems and is not recommended by the FDA.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Breastfeeding and Injections

There have been no studies of injections of either product during pregnancy or breast feeding and it is not encouraged.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers

It is not recommended to have any filler while pregnant or breast feeding.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Hyaluronic/collagen breastfeeding

I would suggest you refrain from injections during the time you are breastfeeding. There isn't a lot of data testing during pregnancy or breastfeeding, so better safe than sorry.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Safety During Breast Feeding

Although there are no studies to suggest these products can be dangerous, nor will there ever be, it is not recommended that you use any injectable products during breast feeding
Once finished, you can safely proceed with either of these

Lee A. Gibstein, MD