If I get Botox for my crows feet, will it change the look of my face? Will I still be able to squint?

Botox should not change look of your face

With an experienced injector, getting Botox should most definitely not change the look of your face or make you unable to squint.

Botox for Crows Feet

Getting botox for crows feet will not change the look of your face. The Botox will soften the fine lines around your eyes. You will still be able to squint and express yourself.

Botox should not change the look of your face

Good question. With an experienced injector, the look of your face should not change after Botox injections that look natural and not overdone. You can still make normal facial expressions because Botox reduces muscle activity but does not radically change it. Botox is best injected by a certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Crow's Feet

Proper injection of the Crow's feet around the eyes should not change the look of your face or make you unable to squint.  It will merely eliminate the fine lines around the eyes.

Injecting Botox to the crows feet will not change the look to your face, it would only eliminate fine lines/wrinkles 

Subtle softening of Crow's feet with Botox treatment

The lateral periorbital rhytids/crow's feet area is one that even with Botox treatment looks very natural.  Most untrained observers will not be able to pick out that the area was treated.  Also, the dosage can be titrated to allow softening without completely eliminating the lines.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox Treatment of Crow's Feet

Getting Botox at your crow’s feet will not drastically change the appearance of your face. The Botox will simply soften the fine lines and wrinkles at the sides of your eyes. You should still be able to squint and perform other facial expressions after getting Botox injections. Squinting is not good for wrinkle prevention and in order to avoid squinting, I’d suggest that you wear sunglasses and/or eyeglasses as needed.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Crow's feet

will not change your facial appearances.  It will smooth the lateral canthal area when smiling and it should not prevent you from squinting.  But squinting is bad for wrinkling so avoid that too by using sun glasses regularly.

Curtis Wong, MD

Botox around the eyes will soften the crows feet.

Botox for crows feet does not change the look of the face if done conservatively.  If you are very concerned you can ask for a 2/3 dose to start with and you can always add the other 1/3 at your follow-up 1-2 weeks later.  I have done this for some of my younger patients that want a very soft effect and they have been very happy with this approach, even if they end up wanting the full dose at follow-up.  For my normal patient a full dose is 12 units for each eye (24 units total) and for the 2/3 dose I usually put in about 9 units for each eye (total 18 units).  Hope this is helpful for you.  Enjoy. 

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment of lines around your eyes should not change the appearance of your face. You will still be able to express yourself and your look should not change. The lines around your eyes, though, should be softened following an appropriate Botox treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon