I'm 5'8, 160lbs with 800cc implants under-the-muscle. Will a revision with implants over-the-muscle, make them appear bigger?

1st I got at 220lbs 450ccs over the muscle, 2nd set 600ccs UNDER the muscle at 160lbs (I began teaching fitness and lost it) and I recently got 800ccs UNDER because I didn't feel they were big enough. NOW, I still want larger. I know I can't go bigger in US but I am wondering if I put these over the muscle, if it will give me the look I want???? I also had a lift where they cut around the areola, I'm thinking I could maybe change the shape by doing the cut again and taking the areola down more?

I am on my THIRD set of implants. I am 800ccs and want to go bigger!!! 5'8 160lbs fitness instructor. HELP!

I'm 5'8, 160lbs with 800cc implants

I don't think that change would make them look bigger. The muscle can only cover a small part of the upper implant in devices that big. I think you have a significant problem with body image as implants that size on your body yield a look that is a long way from normal.

Breast augmentation

yes they will appear bigger without the compression from the muscle, but they will droop to your knees as the skin will not hold them up very well. you will become progressively more stretched out

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

I don’t recommend large implants over the muscle.

Large implants like yours may look fuller if placed over the muscle rather than under, but then there just isn’t enough supportive tissue to ensure positive results long-term. Submuscular placement is the more practical solution as far as longevity is concerned for implants in any size, and this goes double for larger implants. Although you may feel your figure looks curvier initially with subglandular placement, the weight of the implants will stretch out your natural breast tissue much more quickly, likely requiring additional surgeries later on to maintain your look.

David N. Sayah, MD, FACS

Lift to increase projection

There is another alternative to make your breast look bigger.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but after 800 cc implants your breasts have descended.Many women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars.That is why a new technique was developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Above or Below?

Having had implants both above and below the muscle, you're probably aware of the difference of the look.  Another important difference is the loss of the muscular support when implants are above the muscle.  As a fitness instructor, you may be especially troubled with the resulting looseness.  Another issue is the incremental increase in the risk of complications with every operation.

Richard L. Zeff, MD
Portsmouth Plastic Surgeon

I would not suggest converting your current breast implant position to the sub glandular position. There are simply too many problems associated with breast implants in this position, especially with larger breasts implants. I think that you will find the attached link, dedicated to larger breasts augmentation patients, helpful to you. Best wishes.

Stretch deformities with over sized implants

I would be careful what you desire as far as implant size.  You have already had a breast lift, a larger implant, such as an overfilled 800 cc saline implant will only make the breasts heavier and lead to stretch deformities.