Is There Anything I Can Do for my Legs? The Skin is Very Crepy with No Skin Elasticity in Both my Thighs and Calves? (photo)

I am 53 yrs old, 5'8" and 133 lbs. I noticed my legs changing around 49 yrs old - I am so embarrassed of my legs at this point that I won't be seen in shorts, skirts/dresses (without opaque pantyhose) or bathing suits. I have tried thermage for $2500 - terribly painful and no positive results. I had a total hysterectomy at 38 and have been on premarin since then - not sure if this could have anything to do with it. Sure genetics plays a part in all of this..greatly appreciate any suggestions

The Management Of Loose Thigyh Skin

Although your pictures are helpful, it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination. Based on what we know, correction of this problem will most likely require some type of thigh lift procedure. Non-surgical treatment for thigh skin laxity is usually always unsuccessful.

A variety of thigh lift options are available to treat this problem. These need to be tailored to address the patient's anatomic findings and aesthetic goals. They often involve trade-offs between loose skin and scarring.

For these reasons, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic deformities and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Aging Legs and Solutions

Thermage is a total waste of money in my opinion.  You have joined the legions of patients disappointed by Thermage.  Too bad.   If it is done by a beauty machine of any sort for any reason be very very wary.  In my opinion they do not work.   I call them beauty machines that DON'T.   End of story.   If you get 100 consultations you will hear all sorts of good advice and unfortunately some pure  baloney.  Avoid the baloney and go have  A COMPLETE 360 THIGH LIFT BY AN EXPERT ABPS SURGEON THAT HAS VAST EXPERIENCE OVER MANY YEARS.  THIS IS A TRICKY OPERATION AND IS JUST AS OFTEN DONE POORLY AS WELL.  So this is your only option.  I do not think any of the technology stuff for cellulite works worth a hoot so don't waste more of your hard earned money.  I once saw a lady similar to you, in every aspect, spend  over $17,000 on giant helpings of hookas polkas only to finally end up with a surgical thigh lift.   The incisions for a surgical thigh lift are long but are well hidden  even by a small two piece bathing suit when done properly.   This is your only logical choice if you choose the avenue of correction of what you do not like about your thighs.

Inner thigh lift

Loose skin of the inner, anterior and lateral thighs can be a problem for many women.  The inner thigh lift has gone through many stages over the years.  The original description for an inner thigh lift used a U shaped incision beginning in the buttocks crease and extending anteriorly along the groin.  This method elevated the skin in a pure vertical direction.  With experience gained performing thigh lifts on massive weight loss patients we have found that an extended medial thigh lifts shifting the skin flap in a superior and lateral direction work the best.  In general the thinner the thigh the better the overall result since there is less weight to pull the scar down.  It is this downward migration of the scar that can be problematic for some patients.   

Is There Anything I Can Do for my Legs? The Skin is Very Crepy with No Skin Elasticity in Both my Thighs and Calves?

I perform dozens of thigh lifts a year.  An extended medial thigh lift may be the procedure for you.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Look at website before and after photos and decide which surgeon can give the results you desire.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Thigh lift , body lift

Hello ;

it seems that you have a degree of thigh ( and perhaps posterior thigh /buttock) laxity which will not respond to any non surgical intervention.

You will have much improvement with a thigh lift . This may range from a short scar medial thigh lift to a more global improvement if you combine it with circumferential body lift

Thigh skin laxity

The skin wrinkles you have on the thighs is very difficult to treat. There is no non-invasive procedure that can tighten that skin. Thermage, Fraxel and all the focused ultrasound would not do anything other than spending your money. A good consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss all your options is recommended. Then you can make a decision if any of these treatments are for you. The trade off are scars on the thigh.