Is there anything I can do for one eye that is higher than the other? (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
- First of all, you are a handsome young man.
- Second, you have a mild asymmetry, either from birth, development or both.
- You do need to see a craniofacial surgery and preferably on with pediatric as well as adult experience - and at a specialty University Center (see the answer below for several suggestions.)
- These are often associated with Children's Hospitals, because in severe cases surgery is needed early on.
- You will need x-ray studies to map out the differences between the two sides.
- Once the details are known, you and the craniofacial team can discuss what to do. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.