Are There Any Doctors Experienced with Tubular Correction in Houston, Texas?

If so, what is the price range of the procedure? Does insurance ever partially cover tubular breast correction? I am a 20 y/o college student, and I have known that my breasts didn't look the way they should since I hit puberty at 12; I felt hopeless because I didn't think even implants would make them look natural because of the odd shape of my nipples. I just learned that this is an actual deformity and can be corrected, and am desperate for help. I am so tired of being called "snoopy boobs!"

Tubular breast deformity

tubular breast deformity is relatively common in my practice. Correction depends on the severity of the deformity and can include breast augmentation alone or sometimes augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy. This can give a dramatic improvement to the appearance of the breasts.

Sincerely,

Thomas C. Wiener, MD

this information is not a substitute for a consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tubular breast deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sincerely,

Thomas C. Wiener, MD

Tubular Breasts

Tubular or constricted breasts are not uncommon.  Breast implants and specific techniques are performed to correct this condition.  Board certified plastic surgeons would be able to perform the necessary evaluation, discuss options and perform surgical correction.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Correction of tubular breasts

A tubular breast deformity is a congenital abnormality of the breast many times associated with psychological stress and consequences.  In a perfect world this would be considered a reconstructive procedure but unfortunately an insurance company will not see it this way.   There are many experienced plastic surgeons in your area.  If you have a personal physician this can be a good source for a referral.  The problem can be corrected given your anatomic limitations.   

Correction of tubular breasts

TUBULAR BREASTS

Unfortunately, tubular breast deformity is not covered by insurance.  I would google Breast Augmentation or tubular breasts in your area and review the various websites listed. It should not be difficult to find a qualified surgeon in your area.

TUBULAR BREASTS

Finding a plastic surgeon

I would look on the ASPS website for a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see if he/she can help you with your breast augmentation procedure.

Finding a plastic surgeon

Houston and tuberous breasts

There are many excellent breast surgeons in Houston a good place to start is to look on the websites of ASPS or ASAPS.

Houston and tuberous breasts

Tubular breast correction

Although I personally believe that insurance should cover correction of tubular breast deformity, in my experience they will not.  Good luck on your search in Houston.

Tubular breast correction

Finding Plastic Surgeon to Correct Tuberous Breasts?

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about the physical and (probable) psychosocial problems your breasts have caused. However, without direct physical examination or viewing pictures, it is not possible to give you precise advice.  

Generally speaking,  tuberous ( constricted) breasts  present in a variety of “shapes and sizes”.  Surgical treatment may differ depending on your specific physical examination and goals.

I would suggest that you do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work helping patients in your situation. Then, communicate your goals clearly ( as to what size/shape of breasts you find attractive).   In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful during this communication process.

Also during this communication process, your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you as to what it may take to achieve your goals. A discussion about realistic expectations may also be in order.   You should also be informed that the need for revisionary breast surgery may be higher for you, as opposed to patients who do not start out with tuberous/constricted breasts.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about tuberous/constricted breasts.