Can the neck area ( double chin ) be treated by cool sculpting and what is the cost?

Coolmini working for double chin!

The Coolmini is a newer addition to Coolsculpting, and works to reduce the submental fat pad. It is painless and takes 45 minutes. The average cost is $1,000 in the New York area. Depending on the patient 1-2 sessions may be required for the best outcome, and is very popular with patients with very little down time.
- Dr. P

Coolmini working for double chin!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
- Dr. P

CoolSculpting for Double Chin

Coolsculpting with the Coolmini is an effective, non-invasive and safe treatament to reduce fat in the submental (Double chin) area.  It only takes 45 minutes per session and results can be seen in 1- 2 sessions.  The cost per applicator is $ 1,000.  If you are wondering if you are a good candidate for the Cool Mini ask for a Complimentary Consultation with a Certified CoolSculpting Specialist.

CoolSculpting for Double Chin

Chin/neck Coolsculpting

Thank you for asking!  Coolsculpting On the chin and neck area is truly revolutionary. There are multiple modalities on the market, all of which I have used and tried.  The truth is, I think that cool sculpting has the lowest downtime and side effects, namely swelling.  It takes approximately 45 minutes, cost approximately $1000, and takes approximately 3 months to see the final results.  I have found that treating patients twice, for a total of two sessions spread out by one month, is by far the best way to achieve the maximum results.  A question that patients often ask is what about the extra skin. Although the treatment is not designed to tighten skin, we do see that the skin tends to retract when the fat goes away making for a very nice new neckline.  Hope this helps!

Chin/neck Coolsculpting

CoolSculptin for Double chin

Cool sculpting can be used very effectively to remove fat from under the chin. The Coolsclupt mini applicator is used most often in this area. Its only effective however if the double chin is caused by fat. Often excess skin or even a lax platysma muscle contributes to the sagging in this area. Those issues can look worse after the fat is removed so be cautious and ask your surgeon what would work best for you.

Good Luck!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculptin for Double chin

Good Luck!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolMini for coolsculpting of the neck in our NYC practice, our two year experience

I perform several procedures to reduce fat in the neck such as liposuction, thermitight, kybella and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to use CoolMini, the special applicator designed for the neck, even before it was introduced to most physicians in New York City. In the past two years of use, we have learned that most patients benefit by having two overlapping applicators applied (one at a time), although some patients' necks are too small to fit and need only one applicator. I see all patients myself, in consultation prior to treatment to ensure they are a good candidate for the coolsculpting of the neck and determine then how many applicators would be needed based on their anatomy.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin be gone!

Yes the Cool Mini can be used for double chins, or thick jowls on the jaw line.  Each individual is different in how many treatments they would need, I would recommend a consult as your first step.  With your consult you will get a thorough assessment of the area (or any areas you are considering), a treatment plan custom to you, and finally the pricing associated with it.  As stated below mini treatment typically starts around $1000 for one treatment, however some places discount if multiple treatment sessions are required.  Look for a Certified Preferred Crystal CoolSculpting Practice – the Preferred ‘Crystal’ distinction is given to select physicians based on the number of patients treated with CoolSculpting.  Happy trails in your double chin removal adventure.  

Chin be gone!

Coolsculpting for chin

Dear Chibiakai,

Yes! Coolsculpting is great to eliminate the double chin. It is non-invasive, non-surgical. The treatment takes 45mins, and the cost is $650. Additionally, coolsculpting is great for not just the chin (middle of neck) but also the right and left side of the neck below the jawline. Kybella can only treat the middle of the neck (chin).

Coolsculpting for chin

Dear Chibiakai,

45 minutes per treatment

Depending on the size of the treatment area, the cost is $750 - $1000 and takes about 45 minutes per treatment. Most people only need one to two treatments.

For smaller areas, we often use an injectable treatment called, Kybella. This can be used in conjunction with Coolsculpting. If you have a lot of fat under your neck, we suggest using CoolSculpting. We often use Kybella to refine a chin after CoolSclupting has removed a notable amount of fat.  

45 minutes per treatment

45mins per applicator

It takes 45mins per applicator and most people require 1-2 applicators. The charge is $750-1500 depending on the size of the treatment area. 

Another option is Kybella, which is an injectable treatment. Kybella can be used in conjunction with Coolsculpting.  CoolSculpting is better for larger necks, while Kybella is better for smaller ones.  So if you have a larger area of fullness under the chin, you can do a treatment of CoolSculpting and fine tune it with Kybella, once the larger bulk is reduced. Kybella is also better for accurate placement than Coolsculpting.

One is not better than the other. They are just different applications.

45mins per applicator

Can the neck area (double chin) be treated bu CoolSculpting and what is the cost?

Yes the submental (double chin) can be treated by the CoolSculpting Mini applicator.  It uses the same advanced cooling technology to target and kill only the fat cells.  The treatment only takes 45 minutes per session.  Treatment cost is $1000 per treatment but the price is significantly reduced when purchased in a package.  Most patients experience a better result when doing 2 treatments six to three months apart. 

Daniel Taheri, MD

Daniel Taheri, MD