CoolSculpting for Double Chin?

I have a double chin, can zeltiq be done on a face? How much is it per treatmen for 1 area?

CoolSculpting is not yet for the face or neck

When the manufacturer, Zeltiq, produces smaller and flexible applicators, then I would be excited to see how it could help reduce the fat underneath the chin. Usually we don't remove fat from a face as that keeps a face youthful and those that have fat removed often look skeletonized and older. Some patients with wide faces have thick chewing (masseter) muscles rather than fat, and these can be slimmed down with Botox injecitons.

Addendum, Sep 2015.
CoolSculpting Mini is now done on the neck and has gained FDA clearance! This small applicator fits perfectly on the neck, and in one treatment, or two, signficant fat can be reduced in the neck. Some patients need only one applicator, while others can benefit from three applicators per session. EAch applicator takes one hour of treatment, but unlike Kybella, there is no need for injections of local anesthetic. This is a very well tolerated procedure.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Addendum, Sep 2015.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolstulpting for double chin

Zeltiq has announced the release of the CoolMini applicator.  We just received it in our office.  This applicator will enable us to treat the area under the chin, (the double chin).  Prices will vary in each city.  Best to contact your experienced CoolSculpting practice, and go in for a consult to see if you are an appropriate candidate.

As always, proper diet and exercise will help produce good and lasting results.

Coolstulpting for double chin

Double it up?

Yes the chin is a very common area to be treated with Coolsculpting, as many find it hard to 'work' this area out ;)  The technique has been perfected by Zeltiqs outstanding technology with the Cool Mini applicator.  As for the face Coolsculpting is not done there.  Below jaw line there are many options.  Each patient is unique in how many treatments will be needed.  Find a certified practice, ask to see their before and after pictures, and schedule a consult for your own treatment plan.  Goodluck in your navigating away from double chin life :)

Double it up?

CoolMini Removes Double Chins

CoolSculpting has a new applicator called the CoolMini that can eliminate double chins. CoolSculpting freezes away up to 20% to 30% of fat at a time. Therefore, most patients may need two to three sessions before they get the results they seek. Usually prices are quoted after you have seen your doctor and they can inform you about what treatment will be best for you and how much it will cost.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolMini Removes Double Chins

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolMini has been out now since the end of 2015

I realize that your question is an older one but I thought it would be nice to answer with an update as your question was originally posted 5 years ago. Zeltiq released their CoolMini Applicator towards the end of 2015 and the applicator has been doing phenomenally well. The American Society of Dermatology conducted a study about a year ago which showed incredible interest in dealing with the treatment of this area as things like snapchat usage have really put selfies on the forefront of consumers minds. There are currently 2 major minimally invasive options for treatment of the submental area both kybella and coolsculpting. Interstingly Allergan the company that owns Kybella was previously considering the acquistion of the coolsculpting technology prior to purchasing Kybella. My honest belief is that they made a mistake in purchasing Kybella over coolsculpting as the Kybella treatments are more expensive, take longer to show efficacy and are said to be quite uncomfortable with a significant amount of swelling and discomfort after each of 3-6 treatment sessions.

CoolSculpt Mini provides long lasting reduction of submental fullness

Thank you your question.

We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate. We also offer Kybella and often use the two to develop customized surgical alternative to surgical options. We are currently offering a package of 2 CoolSulpt Mini treatments for $2000.00.  The treatments are separated by 4-6 weeks.   If there is mild to moderate skin laxity, combining the treatment with Ultherapy is an option.   I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers all these options to discuss what is best for you.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Thank you your question.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

CoolSculpting on Double Chin

Zeltiq has recently received FDA approval for the CoolMini applicator to treat the chin/neck fatty pad. We are very excited to be able to offer our patients a non-surgical answer for this common area of concern. I expect to have this applicator available in my practice sometime in November and will have pricing available then as well.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

CoolSculpting on Double Chin

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Chin

Yes, Zeltiq is coming out with a new applicator to treat underneath the chin shortly.  I expect to have this applicator available for my patients sometime in November.  

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Chin

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Chin and Neck

We are anticipating the release of a new applicator that will in fact treat the chin/neck fatty pad. We are very excited to be able to offer our patients a non-surgical answer for this common area of concern. Keep in touch with your Coolsculpting provider to find out when they will be offering the new mini applicator for chin and neck. Thank you for this question.

Coolsculpting for Chin and Neck

CoolSculpting for Double Chin?

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is launching a smaller applicator that will be FDA approved to treat under the chin with truly amazing results. It should be available in the next couple of months. The price per treatment can vary between $750-$1200. 

CoolSculpting for Double Chin?