CoolSculpting for Double Chin?

I have a double chin, can zeltiq be done on a face? How much is it per treatmen for 1 area?

CoolSculpting is not yet for the face or neck

When the manufacturer, Zeltiq, produces smaller and flexible applicators, then I would be excited to see how it could help reduce the fat underneath the chin. Usually we don't remove fat from a face as that keeps a face youthful and those that have fat removed often look skeletonized and older. Some patients with wide faces have thick chewing (masseter) muscles rather than fat, and these can be slimmed down with Botox injecitons.

Addendum, Sep 2015.
CoolSculpting Mini is now done on the neck and has gained FDA clearance! This small applicator fits perfectly on the neck, and in one treatment, or two, signficant fat can be reduced in the neck. Some patients need only one applicator, while others can benefit from three applicators per session. EAch applicator takes one hour of treatment, but unlike Kybella, there is no need for injections of local anesthetic. This is a very well tolerated procedure.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolstulpting for double chin

Zeltiq has announced the release of the CoolMini applicator.  We just received it in our office.  This applicator will enable us to treat the area under the chin, (the double chin).  Prices will vary in each city.  Best to contact your experienced CoolSculpting practice, and go in for a consult to see if you are an appropriate candidate.

As always, proper diet and exercise will help produce good and lasting results.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

CoolMini has been out now since the end of 2015

I realize that your question is an older one but I thought it would be nice to answer with an update as your question was originally posted 5 years ago. Zeltiq released their CoolMini Applicator towards the end of 2015 and the applicator has been doing phenomenally well. The American Society of Dermatology conducted a study about a year ago which showed incredible interest in dealing with the treatment of this area as things like snapchat usage have really put selfies on the forefront of consumers minds. There are currently 2 major minimally invasive options for treatment of the submental area both kybella and coolsculpting. Interstingly Allergan the company that owns Kybella was previously considering the acquistion of the coolsculpting technology prior to purchasing Kybella. My honest belief is that they made a mistake in purchasing Kybella over coolsculpting as the Kybella treatments are more expensive, take longer to show efficacy and are said to be quite uncomfortable with a significant amount of swelling and discomfort after each of 3-6 treatment sessions.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpt Mini provides long lasting reduction of submental fullness

Thank you your question.

We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate. We also offer Kybella and often use the two to develop customized surgical alternative to surgical options. We are currently offering a package of 2 CoolSulpt Mini treatments for $2000.00.  The treatments are separated by 4-6 weeks.   If there is mild to moderate skin laxity, combining the treatment with Ultherapy is an option.   I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers all these options to discuss what is best for you.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting on Double Chin

Zeltiq has recently received FDA approval for the CoolMini applicator to treat the chin/neck fatty pad. We are very excited to be able to offer our patients a non-surgical answer for this common area of concern. I expect to have this applicator available in my practice sometime in November and will have pricing available then as well.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Chin

Yes, Zeltiq is coming out with a new applicator to treat underneath the chin shortly.  I expect to have this applicator available for my patients sometime in November.  

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Chin and Neck

We are anticipating the release of a new applicator that will in fact treat the chin/neck fatty pad. We are very excited to be able to offer our patients a non-surgical answer for this common area of concern. Keep in touch with your Coolsculpting provider to find out when they will be offering the new mini applicator for chin and neck. Thank you for this question.

CoolSculpting for Double Chin?

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is launching a smaller applicator that will be FDA approved to treat under the chin with truly amazing results. It should be available in the next couple of months. The price per treatment can vary between $750-$1200. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for double chin?

CoolSculpting can ALMOST be used for a double chin!  There is a new, smaller applicator coming out later this year (we're told) that will fit a double chin.  So stay tuned.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Double Chin - non-surgical options

If you are looking soley for a non-surgical solution, I am finding that the combination of Kybella or Coolsculpting Mini to reduce the sub mental fullness and an energy device to tighten the skin are among the best non-surgical combinations to help your neck concerns.
Kybella is an injection procedure that dissolves the fat an may require between 2-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. There is some swelling and bruising potential, with the greatest amount with the first treatment.
The Coolsculpting mini procedure cools the fatty tissue under the submental area and also reduces the fatty tissue under the chin.

As far as energy devices, I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the neck. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

Surgical options are also very rewarding and include liposuction or neck lift. I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to help you discuss your options in more detail.