What are the chances of bloot clots/deep vein thrombosis from brachioplasty?

Hello! I'm 25 years old, 5 feet 2 inches, and 135 pounds. I plan on getting a consultation on whether or not brachioplasty is even needed for my arms, as they're not terribly saggy- but before that, I'd like to know how common it is for someone to develop blood clots/deep vein thrombosis/ and other life threatening complications like collapsed lungs from brachioplasty? Thank you for your time!

Very rare

The chances are very low for both. An experienced board certified plastic surgeon and consider using a blood thinner for your surgery. 

Complications from Arm lift

It is very rare for a patient to have a blood clot or a collapsed lung from a brachioplasty.  This procedure is relatively safe. Wound healing issues would be the most common complication.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS