The Area I Coolsculpted Looks Worse Than It Did Before. Can Anything Be Done to Fix It?

Hello, I had coolsculpting done several months ago on my back fat under my bra line. The area actually looks worse than before. It's as if it stayed in the form it took while the procedure was being done. Is there anything I can do to reverse this problem? I've never had this before. I gained some weight over the past year due to breast cancer medication but I am the same as I was when I had the procedure done. Thank you.

Coolsculpting

I suggest going back to your doctor and looking at your before pictures. Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Post coolsculpting on bra fat

Coolsculpting is an excellent option for nonsurgical fat reduction. Bra fat is an off label use of coolsculpting, and patient selection is key. Consult with your treating physician for options and comparison between before and after photos.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting and Results

CoolSculpting is a great procedure but it is important to remember that gaining weight after the procedure can directly effect your results.  I would return to your treating physician and ask to compare your before and after photos to evaluate your results. 

CoolSculpting results worse after than before?

Patient selection is very important with CoolSculpting.  Some medications could possibly interfere with the efficacy of treatment.  A medical office should have no problem saying "no" to someone they believe will not be a good candidate of an aesthetic medical procedure. Follow up with your doctor and check your before and after images.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatment of Braline

For best results you should stay in contact with your physician. He or she should be able to evaluate your treatment and results, taking into account all the variables in you own situation. At your next appointment, ask them to reevaluate. Best wishes.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon