What is about Medlite C6 ? (photos)

Does MedLite C 6 good for treating melasma and dark spot ?

Lasers and melasma

OK- the answer not only lies in the laser but the settings and other treatments. Do I use the Mediate C6? Yes, I use this under a vvv low fluence using no end points and large spot sizes, every 2 weeks, for at least 6 sessions. Other lasers such as PICOSURE work better in most cases. 

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

More information in the video WEB REFERENCE

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Vi peel

A safe treat,ent although not always 100 per cent effective is the medium vi peel. It is safe for any color of skin and causes redness for one week. It can be combined with aftercare products to minimize the recurrence of melasma. Unfortunately there is no ,ethos of 100 per cent removing melasma permanently in everyone.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Medlite C6 and Melasma - NYC

I have the Medlite laser but would not recommend this laser to treat Melasma.  This laser is best used for patients with sun spots and tattoos.  The better treatment for melasma is Cosmelan and chemical peels with the proper retinoids and sun blocks.  I have seen so many patients who have been treated with lasers for melasma and it can be problematic with the wrong patient.  Please consult an expert in Melasma. Best, Dr. Green