Can I downsize breast implants from mentor 300cc moderate plus to mentor 200cc moderate profile?

Hi! I had breast augmentation 4weekd ago and I'm worried they are too big, I wanted to be most "natural". I don't like the upper fullness and pointy projection I have now, my dr says it will decrease as implants "drop and fluff". But I'm worried they will look even bigger after this happens. I am 29, no kids, 29" ribcage, 5'4" 119lbs 32A preop.

Breasts look too big and less natural at 4 weeks post surgery

Hello!

Many thanks for this question.

I have experience with Mentor implants and it is true that at four weeks it is too early to assess the final shape and profile. They will also drop upto six months which should make them look more natural. I am wondering if you had round or anatomical (teardrop) shaped implants and which pocket? whateverr the final outcome it would be now best to wait 6 months or so before considering any further surgery but I would encourage discussion with your surgeon.

I that this information is helpful for you.

Best wishes

London Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

4 wks post Breast Augmentation

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately AT 4 wks - you're very early post-op and your implants haven't settled yet. Please, give it time and follow your Surgeon's post-op instructions.

Not a big implant

That sounds like a very reasonable implant size for your body/chest size. your implants will settle and you will likely be happy with that size, 200cc is a very small implant(especially if placed under the muscle which I am sure yours likely were do to your pre-op A cup). I can appreciate you wanting natural results, with time you will probably be happy. Most woman regret going too small. Give it some time, let things settle. 

Can I downsize breast implants?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

Having said that, downsizing of breast implants is certainly possible during revisionary breast surgery. Sometimes, additional work such as “capsule work” (capsulorraphy) is necessary to improve the outcome of surgery when patients undergo downsizing of breast implants. Also, there are cases where patients benefit from removal of skin (breast lifting) along with downsizing of breast implants. Much will depend on how much you downsize, the position of your current breast implants on your chest wall, and the quality of the overlying skin/tissue elasticity.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue close follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be your best resource for most specific advice. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns, helpful to you as you consider options. Best wishes.