Can a 47 year old woman get Botox? Or is it totally out of the question?

Botox

Certainly you can have Botox injections at age 47. The only concern you should have is if you have contraindications. 

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Botox at Age 47

Yes, you are definitely a candidate for Botox. Botox is an excellent option for decreasing wrinkles and smoothing areas of the face. Botox can be used in specific areas depending what you would like to treat ie. crows, forehead, frown lines, lip lines.  Age has nothing to do with receiving Botox injections. You want to look as good as you can no matter what age. The effect of Botox will last about 3-4 months. The only concern you should have is if you have contraindications.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Can I get Botox at my age?

Age is not a factor in determining who can get Botox. You should discuss your goals with an experienced injector to determine if Botox is the best way to reach them.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox At Age 47

Age has nothing to do with receiving Botox injections. You want to look as good as you can no matter what age. The effect of Botox will last about 3-4 months. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

No "Wrong" Age for BOTOX

Thanks for your question. When it comes to BOTOX, there really is no universally ideal age to get the treatment. As a dermatologist, I feel it's far more important to evaluate each patient individually. During the consultation, I look closely at your face and areas of concern and spend plenty of time discussing your goals, as well. In fact, 47 is actually a fairly common age for undergoing BOTOX. Adults of all ages have achieved positive results with BOTOX Cosmetic on their glabellar lines, crow's feet, and more. I recommend seeing a board-certified dermatologist to learn more about what BOTOX can do for you.

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Hi, there's no reason that at 47 you can't have Botox.  I used Botox to soften unwanted lines and wrinkles for over 30 years and have patients that are 80 that get Botox.  Hope this helps. 

47 Would be a Common Age for Botox: Anatomy and Function are Key

Cosmetic use of Botox is based on controlling the activity or over-activity of certain specific facial muscles, so age is not a major determining factor.  We have seen patients who are in their 30s with prominent frown lines, to the extent that co-workers ask whether they are angry about something.  On the other hand, we have patients who first seek neuromodulator treatments in their 60s.  Gravity, sun damage, and other factors all contribute to patients' facial aging but when active muscle-related lines appear too noticeable, we can use subtle, natural-looking treatments to enhance facial appearance.  Consult with experienced practitioners, such as board certified plastic surgeons in your area to learn more. 

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Absolutely. To be sure what treatments are right for you and your desired goals, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox at 47

Hi salamadoll01,

Age should not be a contraindication for Botox injections. Look for a board certified facial plastic surgeon that is experienced in Botox injections and have a consultation in order to see if Botox will help you.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Absolutley a 47 year old women can have botox!  I recommend setting up a appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and treatment.

Good luck!