After juvederm injection 1 week ago how long does it take for little bumps to dissolve?

i got juvederm lip injections about 1 week ago and still have little bumps on mi lower lip,went for me f/u and she massaged it and went down a little but still there how long should i wait for them to fully disolve and my lips look good and feel soft again?

Lumps after Juvederm Injection

Thank you for your question. It can take up to 2 weeks for all swelling, bruising and lumps to subside. You can gently massage the lumps to help smooth them out. If the lumps do not dissolve after 2 weeks than you can use hyaluronidase dissolve it. Remember, to make sure you are seeing an expert injector for best results. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lumps Juvederm

Hello , it can take up to two weeks for the bumps to be present . Gently massage the area will help with the evenness of the skin . If not happy after two weeks please re-consult with your injector. 

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Lip injections

It can take up to two weeks for swelling and bruising to resolve after lip injections.  You can continue to gently massage the area to help smooth the feel of the lumps.  If after two weeks you are still unhappy, return to your injector for an evaluation.

Camille Cash, MD

Normal for the timeframe

Good afternoon,

The bumps you are describing are normal for this timeframe and they can take up to two weeks to go away. If they are still there after another week, feel free to consult the doctor who performed the operation to go over your case.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Lip injections

The lip is a very sensitive and vascular area of the face.  It can often take up to 2 weeks for any bruising, swelling, and bumps to resolve.  Good luck!

Lip Augmentation Explained

We usually tell our patients that it could take up 10 to 14 days for the filler to settle in. Even after this time, you may feel lumps in your lip but not necessarily see the appearance of lumps. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and may help to build collagen. If lumps are visible and bothering you then you may want to be more assertive in minimizing them. Always consult your provider but further massage, vibration or even dissolving a small area is possible.

It is important to note that each time you get your lips filled, typically there are less of these issues. The first time or two it is much more common

Even better, the filler tends to last longer each time you get more added especially if you get filler while some is remaining.

Anil Rajani, MD
Portland Physician

Juvederm

Thank you for your question. I would give it two weeks for all swelling and bumps to resolve. If they still persist after two weeks I would return to your injector for an evaluation. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps still present after lip injections

It can take up to 2 weeks after lip injections for the bumps to go away. If they are bothersome after that, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve those areas. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Lip Injections & Dissolving of Lumps

Dear breriveraa:

The lumps usually dissolve within 1-2 weeks following lip injections.  Please follow up with your lip injector 2 weeks after your procedure to discuss any concerns.  Best wishes.