Dropped Eyebrow? (photo)

I had 40 units of botox 2 days ago by a nurse. Not mu regular physician. After returning from work today I noticed that when I attempted to frown my right eyebrow is lower than the other. I'm worried. At this stage it's only when I frown. Is this likely to get worse and drop further as the botox takes effect? This has never happened to me before. Thanks.

Eye droop from Botox

Botox usually takes 14 full days to see results. I would recommend you wait the 2 weeks then call the office and get a follow up if you haven't set a follow up appointment already. Best of luck. Thank you for your question. Please follow up with a professional in your area.

Dropped eyebrow

Botox takes 2 weeks to fully kick in. You need to be patient and wait for the botox to take full effect, then go back for an assessment if you are still having the same issue.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Drooping eyebrow

It is unusual to have this occur at 2 days but it certainly can and the Botox will not reach its peak until about 10days so it may get worse but there are eye drops that will help. See your doctor for a prescription if needed but give it until 2 weeks out

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Dropped Eyebrow?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I'm sorry you are having this issue, which is due to dosing and/or technique. The effects should peak by day 10-14, so it may become more pronounced. I suggest trying a different injector and having a smaller dose injected next time. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox results

Sorry to hear about your Botox experience. It can take 7-14 days for the maximum effect from Botox to be reached. Since you are seeing some brow ptosis at 2 days after the procedure, it may still worsen. I would certainly followup with an experienced injector. Otherwise, you will most likely need to wait 3-4 months for the Botox to wear off. 

Dropped Eyebrow?

Hello witchychiquita,

It takes about 7-14 days for Botox to reach its maximum effect.  The fact that you are seeing a droopy eyebrow at 2 days I would be inclined to think this would become more noticeable as times goes on.  In the future, I would recommend you only receive your injections from a core aesthetic physician injector to minimize the risk of this occurring. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon