Can my hairloss be due to Lamictal, Lamotrigin? What is the term of my hairloss?

Ive been on lamotrigine for one year,my hair got really dry and damaged before i cut it, tons of hair was falling of and the hair was in really bad shape. Since my haircut my hair has thinned out so much. I lose pretty much in the shower.I have had a poor diet for years pretty much.Is this something that can happen out of poor diet all of a sudden? I rather think its the lamotrigin. What type of hairloss do i have? Genetically i shouldnt be having a problem. I have a huge receding hairline also

Hair loss

your hair loss can be from the medications or from years of poor diet, as well as genetic. It is best to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon regarding your loss, and he/she can review your history, evaluate your scalp and hair, and recommend nonsurgical options available to you. If you strongly feel it is due to the medication then you should discuss this with the physician who prescribed you the medication.

Chicago Physician

Medications and hair loss

Many systemic medications can cause hair loss. You should speak with your doctor about these medications and your hair loss problem

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Getting to the root cause of hair loss and hair loss treatment with prp and progesterone

Many factors can lead to hair loss including: poor diet, medications and genetics. I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer