Can baking soda permanently damage hair follicles or scalp?

Washed my hair with baking soda about two years ago ( 3 table spoons), hair completely got fried. Since then hair has been thinning and growing in finer. Have had multiple hair cuts but the hair is still not right. Can baking soda cause permanent damage and penetrate the scalp.

Baking soda used as a shampoo

If you recognized that after you used the baking soda for washing your hair that your hair was never the same again, you can assume that you damaged the hair with it. See a doctor and find out. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hmmmm...getting to the bottom of hair loss and treatments with prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate the cause of your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone or transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Baking soda

the best option is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can assess your scalp and your hair, as well as discuss non surgical and possibly surgical options that are available to you. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician