Best Non Surgical Way to Get Rid of Double Chin?

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading. There are so many new procedures to get rid of excess fat under the chin I really do not know what is best. I'm 27 and at a healthy weight. I would like the results to be permanent and I definitely do not want to have surgery. Also, if you could recommend some doctors in nj it would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

Non Surgical double chin options

If you are looking soley for a non-surgical solution, I am finding that the combination of Kybella or Coolsculpting Mini to reduce the sub mental fullness and an energy device to tighten the skin are among the best non-surgical combinations to help your neck concerns.
Kybella is an injection procedure that dissolves the fat an may require between 2-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. There is some swelling and bruising potential, with the greatest amount with the first treatment.
The Coolsculpting mini procedure cools the fatty tissue under the submental area and also reduces the fatty tissue under the chin.

As far as energy devices, I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the neck. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

Getting rid of a double chin...

If there is enough fat underneath the chin without loose, saggy skin, then the best option would be laser liposuction.  This procedure can be done under local anesthesia and takes about 45 minutes to perform. There is minimal bruising and swelling which should rapidly subside.   Recovery is around one week,  and a bandage wrap must be worn for that one week to help the skin to tighten.  There have not been great long term results with other products that are non invasive, while laser liposuction can result in a great permanent improvement.  Make an appointment with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to discuss your best options. 

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera Tightens the Neck

In the appropriate candidate we have seen wonderful results with Ulthera. It is a one time only treatment that uses highly focused ultrasound to cause a permanent change in the tissues treated. Although the results are non-surgical, Ulthera tightens the neck and jowls effectively. Best wishes on achieving your goals.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin

Hi,
As long as you don't have any lose skin and just some fatty tissue under the neck, then submental liposuction is the best option. This can be done under local anesthesia.
Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS