Surgical Options for Orbital Asymmetry? (photo)

I have a very pronounced asymmetry of the eyes. While it does not affect my vision in any way, it does make me extremely self-conscious. Are there any surgical remedies that could be recommended to address this issue?

Facial Asymmetry is quite common - you are normal!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Amilia,

You have facial, not orbital asymmetry.  This is extremely common and affects upward of 60% of people to some degree.  You have had this since you developed your adult facial skeleton - but likely just became √†ware if it`.  It is not a problem.  The left side of you face is longer and narrower than the right side.  The distance between the corner of your lateral eyelid (lateral commissure) and the corner of your mouth is longer on the left than the right.  Your brow is higher on the left than the right.  Cheek shape also is different.very different.  This is not noticable to anyone else in your life other then you.  Dont worry about it and do not seek surgery for it.

Options:

You can talk to your hair stylist and get a hair style that will help to minimize this asymmetry. 

You can use asymmetric neuromodulators (Xeomin and Botox) to improve it.  You can use facial fillers to improve it.

Talk to a board certified PS about these options.  In the end you will still have asymmetry but it may be more acceptable to you. 

All the best.  Dr. Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC.  Plastic Surgeon.

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry treatment options

it depends on what asymmetry you wish to have treated. You can see that your left eye sits slightly higher than your right eye in the photograph, as does the eyebrow and the position of the lids. To correct this would require considerable craniofacial surgery which may not be worth performing given the minor degree of the asymmetry. If you're more concerned about the volume in your lower lid/cheek region then that is a different treatment strategy, and may benefit from discussion about volume restoration options

Taimur Shoaib, MD
Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

I Would Recommend Extraordinary Caution Here.

You are absolutely right that you have facial asymmetry.  The essential question is: Is the punishment worse than the crime?  As I have posted numerous times on this form, craniofacial surgery is not cosmetic surgery.  It is powerful but often on refined.  You are young and attractive.  Will powerful facial surgery to rearrange your facial skeleton make you more beautiful?  While this is a possible outcome, it is not the likely outcome.  you are much safer looking for much lower risk enhancements like fillers and like botox for quite some time.  Even make up can be applied to enhance your facial appearance.  Be careful out there.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon