Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids? (photo)

Hello. I am unhappy with my uneven eyes, but not so unhappy enough for surgery just yet. Are there any non surgical treatments that can improve the look of my eyes? Botox maybe? I don't know if this also matters, but I am in the process of losing weight. I have already lost 50 lbs. I assume I won't lose weight in my eyes, but in pictures of myself before the weight gain, my eyes looked a little more "open", not so squished within my now chubby face. Thank you in advance for your time.

Non Surgical Eyelid Remedies

Although blepharoplasty surgery is the only treatment that is long lasting there are a few things you can do that are of temporary help. Make sure you have an exam to make sure that you do not have weak eye muscles, ptosis, as your cause by an exam by a board certified specialist.

Lower lids: Ceramide creams for the lower lids which in minutes as they dry the clear membrane tightens the lower lid skin minimizing bags and wrinkles. This lasts from 4-8 hrs and can be reapplied as needed. Radiofrequency, laser and peels tighten the skin with minimal downtime. Fillers for fat transfer #lipoinjection, to the lower lid to fill in the cheek-lid depression that casts shadows also helps many.

For the upper lids, Botox in the crows feet area just below the brow will gently lift the lateral brow and lift a bit of the hooding on the side of your eye. This lasts about 3-4 months. Make sure you go to an expert injector associated with a Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, or Ophthalmologist skilled in injections.

#NonSurgicalEyelidRemedies

Weight loss can definitely change facial fat

I would not be surprised that your weight gain made your face rounder and "more squishy". This can cause the regions around the eyelid to be more crowded.

However, the anatomy you present in your photo reveals an uneven brow and full eyelids. A browlift would be your best option, when you are ready for it. I can't see your hairline in the photo, so can't really give you an opinion on what technique to use, but a hairline browlift, in my opinion, gives you the best long term lift, with minimal change of forehead length  [may actually improve it if you have a very high forehead]

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids?

IMHO, your eyebrows are very low and unevenly so.  Eyelid Surgery isn't the answer and in fact will result in the eyebrows being even lower in position.  The surgical solutioon would be a Brow Lift of which the Coronal Brow Lift is the most reliable, IMO.  

Until you're ready for that, you could try Botox or Dysport to slightly raise the eryebrows or topical skin tightening therapies like Ulthera.  Just have realistic expectations and be sure the MD, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the craetion of a naturally, more attrcative face.

Heavy uneven eyelids

Thanks for sharing your picture.  Your brows are crowding your upper lids.  Although a neuromodulator (botox, dysport or xeomin) placed at the outer aspect of your eyes may result in some elevation of the lateral aspect of your brows, the difference will be slight at best.  A lateral brow lift with an upper lid blepharoplasty would be your best option.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be used to non-surgically reshape the eyebrows, creating symmetry without surgery

Botox can be used to non-surgically reshape the eyebrows, creating symmetry without surgery. This is an advanced injection and should be performed by an experienced injector. I've found that this works incredibly well for certain patients but is less effective in others. It is worth a trial to see whether you like the effects. Certainly a browlift procedure will provide the improvement in symmetry that you're seeking when the time is right for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Non Surgical Help for Heavy and Uneven Eyelids? (photo

Botox can be used to elevate the brows, although everybody's response is a little different.  You certainly can try it and see how you respond and tweak it as needed.  Botox lasts about 3-5 months so you will need repeat treatments. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical upper eyelid improvement

There are not too many options of non-surgical treatment.  Sometimes a little Botox under the lateral brow can help.  Also even a filler can elevate the brow a bit.

Heavy eyelid corerection

Surgery is your only answer.  Upper eyelid skin excision of excess skin will solve the problem.   In the meanwhile you should consider Dr Kabaker's suggestion of the Asian systems.  Also visit you local cosmetician.  She may have some great ideas to make you happy with your eyes.  My Best     Dr Commons

Non surgical blepharoplasty.

Only surgery will give a significant result. There are prosthetic devices sold in Asian neighborhood beauty supply stores that give the appearance of higher lid creases when worn.

Eyelid surgery is usually quite easy for the patient. Assymetries that are present before surgery will persist to a certain extent afterwards. Brow surgery might also be considered.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the posted photo. I agree with the previous expert posters, at least you need a minor surgery - upper lid blepharoplasty.