What Are Some Supplements to Heal Better Before or After a Tickle Lipo Procedure

I'm not looking for just quick healing but more so supplements that will help my body heal nicely after a tickle lipo procedure on my love handles, upper and lower abs. A multivitamin? Stay away from vitamin E? What about topical vitamin E on the surgical scar?

Tickle lipo and supplements

Everytime I hear that phrase "tickle lipo" I think of Elmo!  Anyway, in my practice I do not suggest taking any supplements other than a standard single multivitamin. However, each doctor is different, you should check with yours.

Supplements for postoperative healing

Hello!

Supplements for postoperative healing include Arnica and Bromelain. BOth have been shown in ndependant studies to decrease bruising and swelling

I use them in my office and give them as part of my surgery gift package!

Supplements for surgery

Omega 3 fats (e.g. fish oil, EFA, flax seed oil, Krill oil), NSAID's (aspirin, ibuprofen, naprosyn), Vitamin E, "blood thinners" and a whole host of supplements and medicines can cause excessive bleeding and bruising and therefore increase your recovery time. When in doubt stay away from supplements unless they are designed for surgery. I offer to my patients specific supplements that speed healing, reduce swelling, bruising and in some cases minimize discomfort (for example Bromelain, Arnica Montanum, and Vitamins designed for surgery.

Bottom Line: Certain vitamins and minerals can speed healing others can cause problems and slow the process down or cause complications. If healing is going well I usually let my patients go back to their usual regimen of supplements

Check with your doctor as only your doctor would have access to your medical history and what would be best for you. We typically allow our patients to continue their supplements 10 days post op if their recovery is going well.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recovery from lipo and other surgery

A healthy diet and a multivitamin are best for healing from surgery. Ask your surgeon specifically if he/she has any other recommendations.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Supplements for reduced healing time

Arnica and Bromelain do work to reduce selling and bruising after elective surgery.