Am I a good candidate for neck liposuction? (photo)

I'm 20 years old who eats very healthy, vegan, unprocessed food. I'm 5'3 110 Llbs but I have a pouch under my chin that really bothers me. It's also very apparent in pictures when I open my front camera. Would neck liposuction give me a nice, tight defined jawline?

Kybella vs Neck liposuction

In a slim young patient, such as yourself, I would prefer a minimally invasive option - Kybella may be the right choice for you and will likely give you the results you are looking for - and it can be done in the office with no down time. If that's not satisfactory, the possibility of doing neck liposuction is always there. But you likely wont need it based on the photos you have provided. Best of luck and please discuss your case with a specialist.

Winter Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Neck Contouring with VASER and ThermiRF; Add PDO Threads, Kybella, Ultherapy

Yes, based on your pictures, you do look like a candidate. I recommend a formal consultation for VASER liposuction. I find that VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF are best for contouring the chin in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative with or without thermage/ultherapy/exilis.  PDO nova threads can further improve the jawline. See an expert. Best. Dr. Emer

Neck Liposuction, CoolMini, or Kybella

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You do seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck. This treatment is best for patients who are at a stable weight, work out frequently and are otherwise healthy. You might also consider Kybella or the CoolMini if you do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure. These options require a few treatments, but since you have very little fat under your chin, they may be a good choice. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Yes! But you may not need it

Hi Oliviamarie,

When you have a small pocket of fat but are in good shape, like you are, then liposuction can be a good choice.  Under local anesthesia (or heavier sedation if you desire) this small area can be removed.  However, you could also consider Kybella.  We've been getting excellent results using this medication in people precisely like you.  We place the medication into the fat you don't like, then you go home!  That's it.  Over the next few days the fat starts to melt away. No surgery needed.  I think that is a great option for you, and something you should definitely consider.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

#chinliposuction

small localized adiposities on the chin, neck and along the jawline are common even in younger age groups. the procedure is pretty simple. you can watch some videos on my website and YouTube channel. I have performed this procedure in patients as young as 18 and older. I think you are a good candidate and will benefit from it if done the right way for you

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Am I a good candidate for neck liposuction?

From the one limited photograph, it appears that there's a small amount of fatty deposits in the neck, for which liposuction can  remove those deposits and improve the jawline. For more information  and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants, dermal fillers and liposuction for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak as are the posterior portions (back segment) of the jaw line and there is a "very small" amount of excess fat.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery, dermal filler to the posterior portion of the jaw line and liposuction to remove the slight amount of fat from below the chin.  This will achieve similar results to the before and after examples.  Liposuction alone would not provide anywhere near the same results as it alone is incapable of providing the required volume and shape to the chin and jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Chin

Your mild double chin can be improved with liposuction, or office injections of Kybella can be used to dissolve the fat.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon