When can you eat normally after having lipo? (Photo)

I am 25 years old and have had lipo on my chin/neck area to remove some stubborn genetic fat. I am very slender and tall but have always had a "problem" are under my chin. I am on day 11 post op and my doctor has instructed me not to wear the compression garmet anymore. I know you're not supposed to eat salt after lipo but for how long? With the holidays coming up I'd like to know when I can eat normally/drink alcohol again.

Diet after liposuction

Thanks for your question. My answer would be, "enjoy the holidays!" Of course, everything should be kept in moderation. Yes, sodium will promote your body to hold on to water which may slightly increase the appearance of swelling. But, at 11 days out from the procedure, your body is getting back into a balance. I would not worry too much about it. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

When can you eat normally after liposuction to chin/neck area?

In my opinion, it would be fine to eat normally at this point 11 days after the liposuction of your chin/neck area.  It would be best to confirm this with your particular surgeon however.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon