What are my options to get a more defined jaw line/no double chin? (photos)

I am looking to achieve a very defined jaw line and reduce my double chin? What are the best options to achieve this kind of result? I have attached a pic of myself and what I am looking for. Thanks!

Best Options available--VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

I find that VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF or ultrasound are best for contouring the chin in those who are candidates but Kybella can be used as an alternative with or without thermage/ultherapy/exilis. See an expert. Best. Dr. Emer

Getting A well developed jaw line

Most young people were not overweight and have a double chin do so because of a facial skeletal imbalance.

When the jaw or mandible is smaller relax projection in relationship to the midface or maxilla most people will develop A double chin or oblique jaw angle to some degree.

Some people with this condition will also have a dental overbite.

If the primary underlying problem is a skeletal in balance then the best way to get a nice result is addressing this imbalance.

Sometimes this can be done with the chin implant, temporary filler's while other times it requires more invasive surgery.

For those who do have excess fat underneath her skin and their chin and neck liposuction we can help regardless of what the facial a skeletal structures are like.

For those who have very little fat and their neck significant changes cannot be achieved from liposuction.

Lastly there are people who have a small man the bowl that lacks projection but still has a pointed shape. Well these people may need more of a defined it John to get the ideal facial proportions chin implant can give her an awkward look known as a witches chin.

An in person consultation is needed to make an accurate assessment.

During this assessment skin, fat, muscle and facial skeletal structures should be assessed.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Kybella

You would be a good candidate for Kybella which is a simple office based procedure similar to a botox treatment where fat is removed from your submental area to help with you profile and sharp neck contour.

John Burns, MD

Options to get a more defined jaw line/no double chin?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, the chin is weak as is the posterior (back) portion of the jaw line and there is excess fat and skin below the chin.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  Fat and excess skin can be removed using the same incision used to place the chin implant.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  

Hope this helps.

What are my options to get more defined jawline/no double chin?

From the one limited photograph, it appears that there's a weak  and recessive chin profile in addition to the fatty deposits in the neck. To augment the  chin forward as in the model's photograph, a chin implant is required. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. The fatty deposits in the neck can be partially removed with simple liposuction, but to obtain significant jawline enhancement similar to the model will require a  platysma plasty procedure also known as a necklift. In our practice that procedure involves tightening the platysma muscle after removal of fat above and below the muscle itself. No skin removal is necessary. For more information and many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Defined jawline

It is quite standard to augment the jawline to achieve that type of appearance. It also enhances the balance with the midface.one of us do hat routinely. 

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon