Can I still take fish oil supplements while on Accutane?

I read the label on the fish oil and there is no vitamin A. I am taking 40mg/day and I am 140 pounds. Is this safe? Also I know you are supposed to take it with fat/meal. Can I take it with a meal that contains good fat such as avocado and salmon?

Fish Oil safe with Accutane

Isotretinoin, the medicine in the brand Accutane, is safe in combination with fish oil.  As Isotretinoin is a form of Vitamin A, a fat soluble vitamin, absorption is improved with a fatty meal.  Healthier fats, such as you describe, will definitely improve Isotretinoin absorption, and are definitely a good choice.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Fish oil

It is safe to take fish oil supplements while on accutane.  I sometimes recommend it to my patients whose Triglycerides increase. Fish oil can also help with the inflammation of the actual acne. 

Azin Meshkinpour, MD
Lake Forest Dermatologist